Meagan Bailey, CPT
Meagan holds a Bachelors in Sports Management with a minor in Kinesiology. While still completing her studies, she was instrumental in creating and implementing programs such as the Fit Gram Progressive Program for the San Antonio Sports Foundation and Harlendale School District which target issues of childhood obesity. Meagan became an active member for the Youth Obesity Prevention Partners Council and a San Antonio Diabetes Committee member.
Meagan strongly believes that through faith, hard work, and a little science, anyone can achieve their ideal body. From this philosophy Nu-U Fitness was born. Her goal is to inspire and teach people how to set goals, achieve them, and maintain them. Meagan lives this philosophy and continues to be both example and supporter for her clients. “When you have someone who takes the time to understand your predicament and helps you re-teach yourself [proper nutrition and exercise],” she says, “it makes a world of difference.” She continues her community involvement with Project Measure Up, the Valero “Go Kids!‟ challenge and speaking or volunteering at various local fitness events.
Dr. Mario A. Sanchez Irabien CSCS, NSCA CPT
Doctor of Sports Medicine
Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge. -Proverbs 23:12
Dr. Mario Sanchez is a physician with specialty training in exercise physiology. He completed his medical school and sports medicine fellowship in Mexico, Cuba, and Barcelona, Spain holding a variety of medical and training responsibilities over the last several decades.
During his tenure in Europe, he was responsible for administering several soccer training programs including: Club Barcelona in Barcelona Spain, Club Ajax in Amsterdam and PSV Eindhoven, Netherlands, Club Fortuna in Dusseldorf, Germany and the Italian Soccer Federation, National Training Center in Coverciano, Italy.
He was a member of the medical staff for the New York City Marathon for three years. He has also been involved in various national investigative studies regarding health, nutrition and sports training.
Mario maintains the following national certifications along with numerous others from Mexico and Europe: National Strength and Conditioning Association, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, American College of Sports Medicine, Certified Personal Trainer, and Coaches Clinic at the University of South Alabama.
Using his knowledge of anatomy and physiology, Dr. Sanchez developed a special technique that involves the electrical stimulation of the neuromuscular system. He successfully increased the overall strength, power, hypertrophy and endurance of his Olympic and professional athletes by incorporating electrical stimulation into their pre-planned training regimen.
This methodology has been incorporated as part of his individualized client training program for use by the average non-professional athlete. It has been found to increase stamina and overall physical fitness including weight loss and maintenance, heart strength, glucose and triglyceride levels, resulting in preventing potential health risks.
Mario’s technique has also been especially tailored for individuals afflicted with a myriad of health problems such as victims of stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, arthritis, Parkinson’s disease, Guillan-Barre syndrome, Alzheimer’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease) and victims of both non-traumatic (vascular malfunction) and traumatic spinal cord injury.
Dr. Sanchez is also a presenter at various sports conferences, national and international, including the International Olympic Committee, universities and many community organizations. The topics of the conferences include health, exercise, training systems and social well-being.
As a competitive athlete himself, he understands the importance of correct physical training, appropriate nutrition and good health. He is a competitive swimmer and has completed over 50 triathlons to date.
He is an integral part in this vision for the company. Without his knowledge in medicine, technology, fitness and nutrition this vision would not be possible!
· Medical School, University of Nuevo Leon Mexico.
· Sports Physician Specialist, UANL, Mexico
· Sports methodology and periodization training, La Habana, Cuba
· Exercise physiology, at Barcelona, Spain.
· Sports Specific Soccer Training: Amsterdam, Netherlands (Ajax FC), Dusseldorf, Germany (Fortuna FC), Florence, Italy (Fiorentina FC),Barcelona, Spain (Barcelona FC)
· Medical Director of the International Marathon LALA, Mexico
· Medical Director of the University of La Laguna, Mexico
· Member of the International Marathon Medical Directors Association and medical staff during the New York City Marathon
· 10 years as Medical Director in Spanish Athletic Club.
· Strength & conditioning coach with professional and Olympic athletes
(tennis, soccer, cycling, swimming, triathlon and basketball)
· Strength and conditioning coach of the professional soccer team in Leon, Mexico.
· Strength and conditioning coach of the Racing Mechelen, Belgium professional
Non Pro Athletes:
· Anthropometric and Morphologic evaluations at Home Court America Family Sports and Fitness Center, San Antonio, Texas
· Strength and conditioning specialist at Home Court America, San Antonio
· Fredericksburg Athletic Club, Fredericksburg, TX
· Gridiron Heroes Foundation, Spinal cord injury high school football players
· Individual clients with neurological diseases such as Parkinson, Lou Gehrig (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), Muscular Sclerosis and heart attack/stroke.
Jasmine Beard, CPT
Certified Personal Trainer
Jasmine is nationally certified as both an NCAA accredited Personal Trainer and Sports Nutrition Specialist. She is a member of the National Council on Strength and Fitness and is also currently enrolled at Northwest Vista College working on her Associate’s degree for Physical Therapy Assistant.
Jasmine has personally made the journey to a healthier lifestyle and is excited to “motivate, educate and encourage others along theirs as well!”
Hailing from the North West she’s lived in San Antonio since 2006; she has a deep love for all animals, enjoys reading, dancing, archery, target shooting and other outdoor activities.